Sunday, January 1, 2012

Stuff: Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!  We hope you had a fun and safe night last night and are enjoying a very relaxing new year's day.

Last night, I spent the evening with my parents and some family friends.  We made pizza, played taboo, and laughed a LOT.  It was definitely a great night.

Ashley and Matt spent the evening with some friends.  Some of them were from out of town, so they were excited to be able to ring in the new year with some people they don't get to spend as much time with as they would like.

Now that it's 2012, pretty much everyone is thinking about resolutions.  And we are no different!

I, in particular, am a person who kind of loves resolutions.  I'm a goal setter for sure, and since I finished my half marathon, I have been definitely craving some things to put my energy into.  So, here are our resolutions for 2012:

Amy's Resolutions
I have to admit, I went back and changed this after reading Ashley's resolutions below.  There is definitely a difference between goals and resolutions (what a smart sister I have!).  So, I'll start with goals:

1. Actually complete either my workout room or my office.  I have been in this house for 8 months now, it's time to get a move on!

My office inspiration.  It will be beautiful.  Found it here on Pinterest, where else?
2. Start a retirement savings account.  Gotta start early if I want to spend those golden years doing as little, or as much, as my little heart desires!

3. Run a sub-2:00 half marathon.

My legs may disagree with this one...but we shall try!
4. Run a race in every season.  Any winter suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  :)

5. Go meatless one day per week (I'll probably join the Meatless Monday trend because it's easier to remember).  No real reason for picking this one, just think it would be kind of a fun little mini-challenge.  My BIL thinks I'm nuts...

And my resolution is...

To spend more time appreciating what I have than worrying about what I don't.

Ashley's Resolutions

I think that goals and resolutions are different things, goals are much easier to come by because you can work toward a single one at at time and it isnt so overwhelming in the long run.  However for the year 2012 I have both goals and resolutions.

Goals:
1. Finish painting my house, some rooms by myself, some rooms done by a professional painter (due to high ceilings and a lack of ladders.)

2.  Establish a work out routine that I look forward to following. 

3.  Organize my life, now that I don't have wedding planning to take up all of my time there is no longer an excuse for clutter.

Resolution:
I only have one,
To get back in touch with good friends that I've lost touch with over the years.  My friends and I went seperate ways after High School graduation and did different things in terms of college and career.  I think it would be fun to catch up with them and see what they are doing these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment